Friday, February 6, 2009

Swing = 1, Trent = 0

If you know my family at all you know that Trent is my clumsy child. He got my distinct sense of balance (or lack there of). Let's just put it this way...if he comes at you with his fists flying...you're safe...you should worry about him though. Well yesterday the boy woke up with amnesia or something. Forgot who he was and thought he was Clark Kent and turned into Superman at recess. I can't blame him though...I tried to defy my clumsiness when I was a kid too (have the scares to prove it). Well here he was swinging along at recess going higher and higher...then his friend yells "Trent it's time to jump!". Without even stopping to consider this (I got the full story through tears of laughter from his teacher) he does just that and jumps off at full height. Falling, falling down to the ground. Oh but, don't worry...he's alright...nothing broken...his face broke the fall. So now the boy looks like he talked smack to the wrong person. Well he was trying to be all Superman about it and didn't tell anyone just how much pain he was in, until he got home to mommy that is. When he got here he spent the rest of the night curled into mom's side complaining about a headache and a stomachache. I didn't think anything of the stomachache because he gets those alot. Gave him tylenol for the headache and sent him to bed. Well he wakes up at 5 AM this morning complaining that it hurts to lay on his stomach and to touch it. I look at his belly and he has a huge red spot and what looks like the starting of a bruise. I let him stay home because he was in so much pain and he's asleep now. When he wakes up I'll check it again and see whats going on with it. If it's worse we'll probably run him in for some scans to see if it's something serious. I don't think it's a stomach bug because he ate dinner last night as usual, this seems to be pain and not an upset stomach. Well he's awake now so I'm gonna go check on him. I'll post more later.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Post pics of the poor, fallen, superhero.